3M™ Window Film can do more than shield you from high energy bills. They can help protect you from unwelcome events like accidents, break-in and sometimes spontaneous glass breakages.
Spontaneous glass breakage is a phenomenon by which toughened glass (or tempered) may break without any apparent reason. The most common causes are:
- Minor damage during installation such as nicked or chipped edges later developing into larger breaks normally radiating from point of defect.
- Binding of the glass in the frame, causing stresses to develop as the glass expands and contracts due to thermal changes or deflects due to wind
- Internal defects within the glass
- Thermal stresses in the glass
- Inadequate glass thickness to resist wind load
3M: Safety & Security Films is designed to holds glass together in such events. It is also designed not to change the appearance of your building, allowing up to 70% of the visible light through your windows
See how the Safety & Security Film will look after installation: 3M WINDOW FILM SIMULATOR
For more infomation and viewing of samples, please contact SOFTHOME via [email protected] or 9221 9632.